Sunday, May 31, 2009

Batizado 2009

I'm so happy with today. I woke up around half past eight. The sun was shining. I went to CHampion and bought some breakfast. I sat on the terasse and had my petit dejeuner tranquille...
11:30 I went to stade de Caubertin where the Batizado was gonna be. This years batizado was sooooo much better! A brazilian music band was playing, we danced samba, it was GREAT! I got my white-orange corde. It felt like this years Batizado past by way faster than last year. Like it wasn't as boring waiting for everyone to get their corde. (For everyone that doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about: Every year all capoeira groups have their Batizado, which means you get baptized. You get your nickname, and you get graded, the teachers play with you and give you a corde, which corresponds to your level, kind of. I haven't been very into capoeira this year, It's just been the last past weeks that I've been coming like 2 times a week. I was a bit unsure if I was gonna get upgraded, but I did. I felt a bit bad though, because Juliana, that has a really good level, and has been very devoted to the association and helped out a lot, got the same cord as me, which isn't very fair. So as Fernando (one of the teachers) said to me it's all the same, it doesn't really mean anything, the cords are just there to hold up your pants.
I hope I will be able to continue the classes next year. But before that I still have the whole summer with lots of capoeira in the parc!
I need to rest my body, and certainly my arm, I think Fernando twisted it in a weird way.

No comments: