Monday, June 1, 2009

Life feels like a dream

I think that a terasse with sun in the morning is gonna be a big priority for my next appartement. I'm so happy to live where I live now. It's 09:30 and the sun is shining, I'm having my breakfast in the sun on the terasse. This house is exellent in the summer :)

Today is Lundi de Pentecôte, I finaly found the definition of this holiday:

Whit Monday has been one of the 11 French bank holidays for a very long time, particularly appreciated as it is a relaxing - and usually sunny - 3-day weekend during which families and friends get together and enjoy traditional French food!

Pentecost Monday is indeed part of the four public holidays in May which give French people the opportunity to go for a long weekend break - called Pont ("bridge") in French.

Following Whitsun, the Lundi de Pentecôte is actually part of a religious tradition held 50 days after Easter to celebrate the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles (disciples of Jesus Christ). The British name, "Whit Monday", derives from Whitsunday which refer to the white garments worn on Pentecost by the newly baptized, whilst the French national holiday is called "Lundi de Pentecôte", originating from pentêkostê meaning "fiftieth" in Greek.

So normaly people are free, but I have to work :( Wish I didn't have to, it's such a nice day, and this weekend felt way to short.

No comments: