Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two days before moving, half my room in boxes and I'm not even moving...

SO....I called Nicolas Lenoir (WAS my futur landlord) last night because I hadn't heard from him or from his brother Cedric in more than a week. So I asked if we could meet up and sign the contract. Of course he says: sure, can I just call you back later.
He and his brother never calls back directly they call back the day after if even that.
So, as I expected, Nicolas called me back the next morning. He said Cedric was gonna have the contract for the room ready and send it to my e-mail.
I get home from work, and I read the contract with exitement.
Then it says:

10. CONSOMMATIONS PRIVEES
Les abonnements aux distributions d'électricité, de téléphone, ou autres sont à charge
du preneur, ainsi que tous les frais y relatifs tels que les redevances des compteurs, coûts des consommations, etc.

10. PRIVATE CONSUMPTION (if any weird words out of context, it's GOOGLE translator, lol)
Subscriptions to distribution of electricity, telephone, or other dependents are
of the customer, as well as all costs related charges such as meter, cost of consumption, etc..

As far as I'm concerned I clearly asked him if it was charges compris (charges included), and he said YES!
It wasn't before I met up Nicolas to have a 2nd look on the room, and he mentioned that we had to sign the contract for EDF (in charge of electricity and heat bills). I didn't really have time to question it before he had to go somewhere else.
So I wrote Cedric an email, one week ago, and asked about the heating and the electricity bills. I never got a respond.
Anyways, I dubbelchecked with Vincent, to see what the whole phrase meant, an he said it was up to the tenant to pay the bills.
I directly called up Cedric, and asked about it. And he said the charges included meant the charges for the guardian, the elevator, the electricty in the hall, all the charges that the whole house pays for essentialy.
And obviously I thought it was the electricity and the heating for this room.
As I'm not paying for the electricty and the heating right now it's kind of new to me.
But he just said that normaly the charges for the room aren't included and yada yada yada...
anyways, I called it off, and just wished them merde, literaly MERDE!!!

No comments: