Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Race problems

I don't think I have ever talked to so many anonymous racists as I've had this past month...I never hear anyone saying racist comments even as a joke when I'm in Sweden. but here OMG, I get to see a racist France, and it's not pretty, it's not necessarily to me it's mostly to black people, but it doesn't matter, it's kind of disturbing and shocking, and I don't even know how to respond to it. If they think they are being funny, they are wrong, because I seriously don't get the fun part of it!
I decided to go to the swedish church the other day, I wanted to look for appartement ads. Of course most of the ads on the bulletin boeard was from people that was looking for appartements and not renting it out. BUT I found this guy that said he had a room. There was no phonenumber, just an email adress. He responds to my email by writing

"attention, je ne veux pas de personne couleur africain ou cameroun.."

I was stunned. So I didn't respond to his email. Then I get an email from him saying he was waiting downstairs for me to come and visit. And I write him back and said I never confirmed the visit and that I was disturbed by his email. Then he says:

"If you are swedish or asian it's fine, as long as you have white skin!"

HUH???!! Like that's gonna help!
And the funny part is, his french is much worse than mine!
I'm feeling weird....

No comments: